This may be one of my favourite recipes ever. I discovered this last year and honestly it changed my life for the better. Chocolate cake oats topped with blueberries and almond flakes (Feel free to emit the almond flakes and blueberries and just eat the chocolate cake oatmeal 😉 ). If you have a massive sweet tooth like me and love anything chocolate, give this recipe a go!
Prep time: 1 minute Cook time: 2 minutes Eating time: 5 seconds 😉
You will need:
For the oatmeal cake:
- 1 ripe banana
- 40g oats
- 1 egg
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder of your choice
- 1 tablespoon of raw cocoa powder
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
For the toppings:
- Almond flakes
1) Mash the banana and the egg together in a bowl.
2) Add all of the other ingredients for the cake oatmeal.
3) Add water until you reach your desired consistency. Make sure it is watery enough so it doesn’t become dry!
4) Microwave for two minutes but keep an eye on the time as you want to take it out when the top looks a little runny and underdone but TRUST ME THIS IS KEY TO THE GOOEY GOODNESS.
5) Top with honey, almond flakes and blueberries. Let the honey soak into the oats (heart face emoji).
Feel free to experiment with toppings and protein powders. I have also made this with vanilla protein instead of chocolate and without the cocoa powder and it so sooo yummy. Let me know if you try this recipe out for yourself!