I can’t even tell you how many times I have made this banana bread/cake/healthy yummy goodness, so you can imagine how excited I am to share this with you! For this recipe you won’t need any refined white flour or refined sugar (woo). It takes no time at all to prep. The challenge is just waiting for it to cook before you can eat it.
Feel free to change up this recipe and add your own touch. I’ve tried adding lemon before which was super yummy, I just didn’t use as much honey so the batter wasn’t too runny. I’ve also added rum and raisins to the mix which turned out goooood- just don’t pour the whole bottle in…
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 60 minutes Creates: 1 loaf
Ingredients you will need:
- 2 LARGE AND RIPE bananas (or 3 smaller ones)
- 2 cups oats
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup cashew milk (I have used semi skimmed milk plenty of times before and it works brilliantly. Any milk will work!)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup rice malt syrup (or just use honey again)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
1) Preheat the oven to 170C and grease your loaf pan, I used 1 cal coconut oil spray, but you can use any method that you wish.
2) In a large bowl, mash the ripe bananas and whisk in the eggs, milk, honey, vanilla extract and rice malt syrup.
3) Blend the oats, baking powder and cinnamon until the mixture has the consistency of flour.
4) Gently mix the two bowls of ingredients together.
5) Pour the mixture into your greased loaf tin and shake to even the batter out.
6) Bake in the oven for 60 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the bread comes out (kind of) clean. Don’t worry about it being perfectly clean, it tastes good sticky!
5) Enjoy. Your cake/bread/snack/banana thing.
The banana cake can be stored for approximately two to three days at room temperature or for up to six days in the fridge.