Mmm granola. Is there anything better than granola clusters? Is there? I don’t think so. I could honestly eat cereal/granola all day, which I probably have done a few times. Oopsies. Granola is super easy to make and there are endless combinations you could use so feel free to change some of the ingredients or add in your own. Go crazy, it is basically impossible to go wrong!
Prep time: 5-10 minutes Cook time: 30 minutes
Ingredients you will need:
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 cups porridge oats
- 2 cups crunchy nut cereal (use porridge oats instead to make the recipe refined sugar free)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1/2 cup of raisins
- Preheat your oven to 165C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mash the banana together with the honey, vanilla essence, coconut sugar and the coconut oil.
- Add in the oats and the crunchy nut cereal into the large bowl. Mix well.
- Add the cinnamon, mixed spice and cocoa powder to your mixture. Mix well.
- Pour the granola mixture onto the baking sheet and spread it out into an even layer. Use a spoon or a spatula to firmly press on the mixture to flatten it.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Take the tray out of the oven and let it cool for an hour (THIS IS IMPORTANT IF YOU WANT GRANOLA CLUSTERS) before breaking the granola block up into pieces and adding the raisins or any other additions that you wish.
Store in an air tight container.